– 1 package firm tofu
– handful of chopped mushroom
– 1/4 chopped yellow onion
– bragg’s liquid aminos
– oil (any kind you prefer is okay – I’ve been loving coconut oil lately!)
– spices: onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper, and a little cayenne pepper if you like it spicy!
1. Drain the tofu, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Put tofu into a bowl, and mash it up a bit with a fork. You want to crumble it to give it that scrambled egg look.
2. Sautee the onion and mushroom in a skillet with the oil and braggs. Then add crumbled tofu and the remaining spices to the skillet.
3. Reduce the heat and allow to cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently and adding more oil or braggs if needed.
A tofu scramble is completely satisfying on its own, but you may want to try it on bread or a bagel for a tofu scramble sandwich, or on a whole wheat tortilla. Add a little salsa and guacomole and you’ve got yourself a nice big breakfast burrito!