– whole wheat pizza crust
– marinara sauce
– vegan mozzarella (DAIYA!!!)
– vegan ricotta (I used tofutti brand, but making your own cashew ricotta is also another great option)
– fillings of your choice – I used sautéed kale, sautéed onions, and lightlife bacon, but you can use anything you’d like! vegan sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, peppers, spinach, etc)
– oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out your pizza dough into a big circle.
3. Sprinkle down some mozz cheese in the center, then add your veggies & mock meat, and top with the vegan ricotta. I also added a little bit of marinara sauce inside my calzone, but you could also heat up the sauce and use it for dipping as well.
4. Fold dough in half and press together firmly with the prongs of a fork.
5. Brush olive oil onto the calzone, and place in oven for about 20-30 minutes. Keep checking on it until it’s completely cooked.