Today I made a ridiculous meal. It was spicy, exciting, and delicious. This is my Raw Sunflower Seed Jalapeno Kale Sushi. It’s a mouthful.
All ingredients are estimates. Experiment and don’t stick to any recipe, other than a baking recipe, too much. Make your food work for YOU. Measuring is optional.
- raw sunflower seeds (cup)
- kale (cup)
- red onion (1/4th)
- carrot (peeled and chopped into thin slivers)
- jalapeno with seeds (one small, or half of a medium sized)
- tamari (3/4th tbsp)
- garlic – spice (1/3rd cup)
- cayenne – spice (1/8th cupish, or whatever you want)
- tumeric – spice (1/4th cupish, or whatever you want)
- ginger – spice (1/2 tbsp)
- 5 spice asian blend – cinnamon, fennel seed, star anise, ginger, cloves (a few dashes)
- nori sheets
Combine all ingredients BUT the carrot into a blender, or vitamix if you are fancy.
Slice carrot into thin spears.
Put blended mix onto nori like you would rice.
Put carrot spears into the center of the mix. This will add a very necessary crunch convincing all health skeptics of the edibility.
Spread a tiny bit of the mix at the top of the nori to make it stick together.
Roll up !
Enjoy. And then send me a picture of yourself enjoying your own raw sushi. Have fun being healthy!