This quick & easy soup is sure to please the crowd. Perfect for the start of fall! Here’s what you’ll need:
– a few carrots (4-6) diced
– a few celery stalks (4ish) diced
– white onion diced
– 4-5 cloves of garlic
– carton of vegetable stock
– 1/4 can tomato paste
– 1 can of great northern white beans
– 1 package of lightlife tempeh fakin’ bacon
– 15 kale leaves
– few sprigs of fresh rosemary, or a dash of dried
– 1 bay leaf
– salt & pepper
– olive oil
1. Dice up carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Sautee in oil until translucent, adding salt & pepper (and onion powder, garlic powder, whatever you enjoy!).
2. While veggies are cooking, slice the tempeh into square chunks and cut up the kale.
3. Put the veggies in a large pot with the vegetable stock, spoonful of tomato paste, rosemary and bay leaf. Add the tempeh bacon and can of beans, bring to a boil and then let simmer on low.
4. Lastly, toss the kale into the soup. Let simmer until you’re ready to eat!